Last modified: July 1st, 2020
Skip and Scamper. (“Skip and Scamper,” or “we,” “our,” or “us”) respects your privacy, and we are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on our Website and Application;
- through our Services;
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Website and Application;
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Skip and Scamper or any third party;
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website or Application.
2. Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website, Application, and Services are not intended for children under the age of 16 and children under the age of 16 are not permitted to use our Website or our Application or Services. We will remove any information about a child under the age of 16 if we become aware of it.
Our Website, Application, and Services are not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or through the Website or Application, or for the Services. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on our Website or in our Applications or on or through any of their features, or use our Services, including by providing your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from a child under 16, please contact us at Contact Information below.
3. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect different types of information about you, including information that may directly identify you, information that is about you but individually does not personally identify you, and information that we combine with our other users. This includes information that we collect directly from you or through automated collection technologies.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website and Application (“Personal Data”):
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, billing address, shipping address, e-mail address, telephone numbers, and credit or debit card number (for payment purposes only) (“Personal Data”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as date of birth, gender, veteran status, other information we receive from you on forms (e.g., occupation, current employer, and purchase history), and other information about your use of our Website and Application; or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website or use our Application and usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us, such as when you purchase a product or subscription through our Services;
- automatically as you navigate through the Website or use our Application. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies; and
- From third parties, for example, our business partners who help process your payment information.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website or through our Application is:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or the Application. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website or Application, purchasing products, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website or Application;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us; and
- details of transactions you carry out through our Website or through the Application and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website or Application.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website and Application, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- details of your visits to our Website or Application, such as traffic data, location, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Website or use of our Application, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website or in the Application; and
- information about your computer, mobile device, and Internet connection, specifically your IP address, operating system, browser type, and Application version information.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Data or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and Application and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- estimate our guest size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website and our Application according to your individual interests;
- recognize you when you return to our Website and our Application.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) to collect certain information relating to your use of the Website. Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the Website analyze how users use the site. You can find out more about how Google uses data when you visit our Website by visiting “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps”, (located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/). We may also use Google Analytics Advertising Features or other advertising networks to provide you with interest-based advertising based on your online activity. For more information regarding Google Analytics please visit Google’s website, and pages that describe Google Analytics, such as www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
- Third Party Pixels. We use Facebook pixel, Snap Pixel, Pinterest Tag, and Outbrain Pixel Tracker, which are tracking services provided by Facebook Inc., Snap Inc., Pinterest, Inc., and Outbrain, Inc., respectively (collectively with Google, “Tracking Sites”), to track conversations from Tracking Sit advertisements. The Tracking Sites uses pixels/cookies to track what users do after they see or click on a Tracking Site advertisement. This enables us to monitor the effectiveness of ads for purposes of statistics and market research. Personal Data is saved and processed by Tracking Sites, who can connect this data with your accounts on the applicable Tracking Sites and use it for advertising purposes. For more information regarding how Tracking Sites use your Personal Data, please visit the following pages:
4. How We Use Your Information
We use your Personal Data for various purposes described below, including to:
- provide our Website or Application to you;
- provide products and services to you;
- provide you with information you request from us;
- enforce our rights arising from contracts;
- notify you about changes; and
- provide you with notices about your account.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Data:
- to present our Website and its contents to you;
- to present our Application;
- to provide our products and services to you;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us or that may be of interest to you;
- to process, fulfill, support, and administer transactions and orders for products and services ordered by you;
- to provide you with notices about your Skip and Scamper account;
- to contact you in response to a request;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our Website, our Application, or any products or services we offer or provide though them;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you, including through newsletters. If you wish to opt-out of receiving such communications, you may do so at any time by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of these communications or by visiting your Account Preferences page. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
- our affiliates and third party service providers that we use to support our business;
- to a company we merge, acquire, or that buys us, or in the event of change in structure of our company of any form;
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to affiliates and third parties for their own commercial purposes;
- to enforce our rights; and
- with your consent.
- to affiliates, contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business. The services provided by these organizations include providing IT and infrastructure support services, and ordering, marketing, and payment processing services;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Skip and Scamper about our Website and Application users are among the assets transferred;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Data:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- to affiliates and third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information;
- to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes; and
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Skip and Scamper, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
6. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We offer you choices on how you can opt out of our use of tracking technology, disclosure of your Personal Data for our advertising to you, and other targeted advertising.
We do not control the collection and use of your information collected by third parties described above in Disclosure of Your Information. These third parties may aggregate the information they collect with information from their other customers for their own purposes.
In addition, we strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your Personal Data:
- Promotional Offers from Skip and Scamper. If you do not wish to have your email address used by Skip and Scamper to promote our own products and services, you can opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email or other marketing communications you receive from us or logging onto your Account Preferences page. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Skip and Scamper as a result of a product purchase, or your use of our services.
- Disclosure of Your Information to Affiliates and Third Parties. By using our Website and Application, you consent to our sharing of your Personal Data with our affiliates and third parties for their promotional purposes as described herein. If you wish to unsubscribe from such affiliate and third parties’ promotions, you can do so by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email or other marketing communications you receive from them. If you wish to opt-out of such sharing, please change your preferences in your Account Preferences page or email us [email protected].
- Targeted Advertising. To learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt-out rights and options, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance and the Network Advertising Initiative websites (www.aboutads.info and www.networkadvertising.org). Please note that if you choose to opt out, you will continue to see ads, but they will not be based on your online activity. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can also opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the NAI on its website
7. Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may review and change your personal information by logging into the Application or Website and visiting your Account Preferences page.
You can review and change your Personal Data by logging into our Website or Application and visiting either the Settings or Account Preferences sections of our Application or Website. You may also notify us through the Contact Information below of any changes or errors in any Personal Data we have about you to ensure that it is complete, accurate, and as current as possible or to delete your account. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your account with us. We may also not be able to accommodate your request if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
8. State-Specific Privacy Rights
The law in certain states may provide their residents with additional rights regarding our use of your Personal Data.
The law in some states may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of Personal Data. To learn more about any additional rights that may be applicable to you as a resident of one of these states, please see the privacy addendum for your state that is attached to this Privacy Notice.
9. Do Not Track Signals
We may use automated data collection technologies to track you across websites. We currently do not honor do-not-track signals that may be sent by some browsers.
We also may use automated data collection technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking), including by the Tracking Sites. Some web browsers permit you to broadcast a signal to websites and online services indicating a preference that they “do not track” your online activities. At this time, we do not honor such signals, but we currently do not use automated data collection technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
10. Data Security
Information transmitted over the Internet is not completely secure, but we do our best to protect your Personal Data. You can help protect your Personal Data and other information by keeping your password to our Website and Application confidential.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We use encryption technology for information sent and received by us. All payment transactions are performed by our third-party payment processor, Stripe, who must comply with appropriate industry standards to protect your payment information.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password for the use of our Website or Application, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our Website or on or through our Application. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website, in your operating system, or in the Application.
12. Contact Information
You may contact us through the contact information below.
How to Contact Us:
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 990 Security Row, Suite 106, Richardson TX 75081 ATTN: Claims
Skip and Scamper Privacy Notice Addendum for California Residents
Effective Date: July 1st, 2020
Note that this California Privacy Addendum does not apply employment-related personal information collected from our California-based employees, job applicants, contractors, or similar individuals. Please contact your local human resources department if you are a California employee and would like additional information about how we process your Personal Information.
Where noted, this California Privacy Addendum also does not apply to personal information reflecting a written or verbal business-to-business communication (“B2B Personal Information”). Unless otherwise noted, this exemption will expire on January 1, 2021.
Information We Will Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information”). In particular, We collect, and over the prior twelve (12) months have collected, the following categories of personal information from our consumers:
[** NTD: Please delete from the rows below any type of information that you or your plugin and service providers do NOT collect. This list should be specifically tailored to identify only information actually collected by Skip and Scamper.]
|Category||Applicable Pieces of Personal Information Collected|
A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||
A name, address, telephone number, credit card number, or debit card number.
Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
|D. Commercial information.||
Records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||
Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
Use of Personal Information
We may use, “sell” for valuable consideration, or disclose the personal information we collect and, over the prior twelve (12) months, have used, “sold” for valuable consideration, or disclosed the personal information we have collected, for one or more of the following business or commercial purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, Application, products, and Services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your Website and Application experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, Application, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, Application, products and Services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For internal testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website and Application, and to develop, improve, or demonstrate our products and Services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Skip and Scamper’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Skip and Scamper about our Website and Application users is among the assets transferred.
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Short-term, transient use, provided the personal information that is not disclosed to another third party and is not used to build a profile about you or otherwise alter your experience outside the current interaction, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction.
Company will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sources of Personal Information
Skip and Scamper obtains the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and Services you purchase.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our Website.
Sharing Personal Information
Skip and Scamper may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose or sell your personal information, subject to your right to opt-out of those sales (see Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights). When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract. The CCPA prohibits third parties who purchase the personal information we hold from reselling it unless you have received explicit notice and an opportunity to opt-out of further sales.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Skip and Scamper has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- California Customer Records Personal Information categories
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law
- Commercial Information
- Internet or other similar network activity
Sales of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Skip and Scamper has “sold” the following categories of personal information to the following categories of third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration:
- California Customer Records personal information
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law
- Commercial Information
- Internet or other similar network activity
We do not sell the personal data of minors under the age of 16 for monetary or other valuable consideration without affirmative authorization.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights. You may exercise these rights yourself or through your authorized agent.
You may authorize your agent to exercise your rights under the CCPA on your behalf by registering your agent with the California Secretary of State. You may also provide your authorized agent with power of attorney to exercise your rights. If you authorize an agent, we may require that your agent provide proof that they have been authorized exercise your rights on your behalf. We may request that your authorized agent submit proof of identity We may deny a request from your agent to exercise your rights on your behalf if they fail to submit adequate proof of identity or adequate proof that they have the authority to exercise your rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that Skip and Scamper disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that Skip and Scamper delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Emailing us at [email protected].
- Visiting https://skipandscamper.com/contact-us.
Only you, or your agent that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. To designate an authorized agent, see above. We may request additional information so we may confirm a request to delete your personal information.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
For instructions on exercising sale opt-out rights, see Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights.
Response Timing and Format
We will generally process these requests within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights Regarding the “Sale” of Your Personal Information
If you are 16 years of age or older, you have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the “right to opt-out”). We do not sell the personal information of consumers we actually know are less than 16 years of age, unless we receive affirmative authorization (the “right to opt-in”) from either the consumer who is between 13 and 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a consumer less than 13 years of age. Consumers who opt-in to personal information sales may opt-out of future sales at any time.
To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to us by visiting the following Internet Web page link:
Once you make an opt-out request, we will wait at least twelve (12) months before asking you to reauthorize personal information sales. However, you may change your mind and opt back into the sale of personal information at any time by:
You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your opt-out rights. You may be required to provide us with additional contact information so that we may verify your request to opt-in to the sale of your personal information. We will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
Other California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (California’s “Shine the Light” law) permits users of our Website that are California residents and who provide personal information in obtaining products and services for personal, family, or household use to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. If applicable, this information would include the categories of personal information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared your personal information with for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made this year will receive information regarding such activities for last year). You may request this information once per calendar year. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected].
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
Skip and Scamper reserves the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which Skip and Scamper collects and uses your information described herein, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Email: [email protected]
Skip and Scamper
990 Security Row, Suite 106
Richardson, TX 75081